Sunday, August 3, 2008

School DAZE....

Tis' the season of buying school supplies, new shoes, clothes that fit and prepping for the new school year. This year has a bonus feature, I am buying for myself!

Yup folks, tomorrow at 8:30am I begin a 2yr. adventure of earning a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. I cannot believe it. I got my textbook, pens, spirals, note cards, laptop and big ol' bag to carry it all in.

My family is so supportive. My daughter asked her VBS group to pray for her mom since she is going back to school and would need lots of help. My mom called to make sure I had a cute first day outfit. My husband is thawing food and planning his meals for the week. It is sweet the way the fam is rallying around the ol' lady heading back to school.

Gotta admit there is a lot of apprehension in this move. I have not been a student in a long time. I don't know that I was that good of a student when I had all my brain cells and now 3 kids later I am not sure that has improved. I am nervous about how this will impact the daily dynamic in the home front. Thankfully, after this week we meet only one night a week for 5 hours. Later, we add clinicals and I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

This is all so surreal. I honestly can't believe I've made such a big move. The financial ramifications are not going to be simple. This is a huge commitment for my family to make. The emotional piece will be complicated since I will want to apply and dissect all the principles at home first. I am convinced this is where God wants me but I am kinda freaking out at the same time.

I believe if God had not used my husband to specifically urge and encourage me I may have been stifled by fear and anxiety about all the uncontrollable pieces of this school puzzle. He has been so convinced that this is where I am to be used by God, that is has propelled me with confidence to move forward.

So, think of me this week as I will be popping some hemis sitting for 10+ hours a day on molded plastic chairs. Or swallowing handfuls of ibuprofen due to the weeping-induced headache I will be sporting from all the intimate bonding and life-sharing I will be doing with all my new bff therapists! I can't wait. At least I will be wearing a cute outfit! Fill you in more later.

2 comments:

Janice Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Maid said...

Way to go!

In case you didn't read my post about going back to school...if you need to laugh, try it. I couldn't believe the lists this year.

Oh..and I am so wanting to get my masters degree...I almost tried to enroll for fall, but I am due to have a baby in 8 weeks, and I got talked out of it. LOL

I will be routing for you.

The Maid