Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post Christmas thoughts...

Good grief it has been forever since I have posted an entry here! I must confess I have written many and they remain in the drafts pile. I don't feel very articulate these days. Maybe it is because I recently took my brain age on one of the kids DS games and learned that I am only using 8% of my noggin. My son tried to make me feel better by telling me that the game purposely scores you low so you have something to improve on. This did not make me feel any better.

I have yanked down the Christmas tree and cleaned up most of the festive decor in hopes of restoring some level of order back into the home. I am listening to my 7 yr.old daughter sing Dead or Alive with her brothers pounding the drum and guitar to Rock Band. I think this may have been disturbing to me if my first born would've attempted this activity at the same age. I would've felt the lyrics would have manipulated his heart into a ball of hate and disdain and perhaps even led him down a path of evil and corruption. Today I think it is precious that my three children can bond over a silly game and enjoy each others company. I tried to creatively work out the lyric issue by singing my own lyrics instead of the questionable ones in hopes that the children would follow suit and just hum or sing doo's and dah's instead...not sure it will be a popular choice for them. At least they like each other enough that they can play together. I like that.

I feel like I am just now coming down from my sugar high. I cannot believe the unabandoned fury in which I ingested sugar this week. My aunt always brings a giant chocolate sheet cake to our normal celebration and I feel confident that a quarter of it ended up shoved into my piehole. What the heck is that about? Yuck. I am glad the sugar is gone.

I am glad the purchasing is over. I am glad the gifts are put away. I am thankful that the house is relatively quiet and the kids are happy and the year is wrapping up and I am done with school for a couple of weeks. Deep breath in and big exhale out. Life is good. Yes, life is very, very good.

No comments: