Sunday, October 26, 2008














































Wow, I have been gone a LONG time!! Doesn't seem that long until i look at the dates and then it is very obvious and very sad. So, in an effort to begin to catch up I will first begin with a few photos. I haven't posted any of those in awhile either and they will fill lots of space and make me "feel" like I am putting up a very noteworthy post. So, this is from the field trip with my daughter's class this past month. The day was overcast but the colors were still vibrant. I am planning on printing a few of these for some inspiration this winter when the gray days take over.
I have been learning lots in school this past month and have plenty to report. I hope to have the time to really reflect and adequately communicate the depth of my new found understanding. This season is such a fun new one in my life. Feel like daily I am being challenged to consider the ways that I will be encouraging clients. I have been significantly aware of the ways I am uninterested in changing. The hard habits I have formed and the cemented style I like to cling to them. These principles must be evaluated and reconsidered. I must be willing to overturn every piece of myself so that I might be more understanding and empathetic of those that sit before me in a therapeutic environment.
Is this ugly, uncomfy, scary and downright unnerving? Yes, dear ones, it is! It is no fun to look at the poop in your life and see how affectionate you are toward it. Why do I like to remain stubborn or short-tempered? Many people who seek counsel are stuck in their ways as well and if I am not clear about recognizing and attempting to move out of my own crudola then how in heavens name will I ever be able to encourage another? Pretty challenging stuff. It is good and nasty and yicky and fun to nestle up next to the places I fall short in life and repent and confess and turn away from and keep doing it, and keep recognizing it over and over and over and over and .....you get the picture.
This process makes me like myself a little more. Because at least I know I am working on it and not hiding it away and acting like it doesn't exist. Will I ever get done with this magical purging process? Unfortunately, not this side of heaven! Gee, that is uplifting. With that I must run and apologize to the child I just verbally accosted for interrupting me for the fifth time. Yes, I have a LONG way to go.

3 comments:

April said...

Welcome back! Oh how I have missed you. This is such an exciting time in your life Brenda, starting something completely new!! I think it's the coolest thing ever. You are very brave!! :)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Hey stranger! I can't wait to hear more...please share your new knowledge so the rest of us can benefit! (or will you have to charge us for that...maybe link your post directly to Pay Pal?)

six300 said...

Brenda, I've missed your insights. Hopefully you won't make us wait as long in the future.