Saturday, May 31, 2008













If I ever do come back in a reincarnated form (which I fully do not believe will happen) I would like to be a photographer. Not one of those wedding photog types. No, I was a wedding coordinator a lifetime ago and I can whole-heartedly say I would rather have my teeth pulled one at a time then go on the wedding circuit.


No, I would be the Ansel Adams lady. Yup, just travel the world with my trusty camera and capture life as it happens. Would that be so fun?


It would require some education in the finer art of photography. Maybe some classes on lighting and staging. It would be cool to take a Photoshop class and learn how to edit and manipulate the pics too! I wish I could say that is a priority right now, but it is not. Neither is storing my pics in organized books with creative captions and pretty pages. No, that ain't happening either.


I am simply about the shot.


I have recently done a wall with some of my prints. I would like to say that are all really snazzy and cool but honestly some are grainy and a little too dark, but they are a piece of the creative me. The part that rarely comes to surface.

I used to paint. I was terrible but i loved the act of quieting my spirit and spilling colors all about a canvas. They were not pretty, abstract, or worthy of display, but they were the demonstration of the discipline to create.

I think the creating thing must be innate to all of us, huh? We were wired this way from the Master creator. Doesn't everyone have a creative, artistic side to them? They surface in different and unique ways, all worthy of appreciation.
How 'bout you? How do you express your inspired self?

3 comments:

The Maid said...

I express myself in many ways...

Artistic body camouflaging, creative child-rearing (since we screwed that one up, lets try it this way), and 101 ways to eat an oreo.

Hmmm...I ain't got talent, girl.

My creative outlet? Excuse making!

LOL, The Maid

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Check out this site: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

This gal shows before and afters of her Photoshopped pictures and step by step of how she got there. I NEED TO GET Photoshop and am trying to learn about the program before I even have it. Overachiever much? It looks kind of intimidating, but her after pictures have SO much more flare than the before. Check it out!

April said...

I have photoshop and it's fab! Your pictures are beautiful! You have a gift Girl.