Monday, March 24, 2008

I am an idiot!!!

Do you ever surprise yourself with your own stupidity?? Well, today I had a moment of my own. I have an online facebook account and i have over 200 "friends". These are basically people who I know in some form or another through my years of ministry or old acquaintances, pals, classmates. There are a lot of High school students on my facebook account because i work with them at our church. So, needless to say....my stupidity has now arched into a public affair.

Did any of you see the cute little cartoon of the two chocolate Easter bunnies? One had its tail chewed off and the other its ears. One without tails says...."My ass hurts". The ear less one responds, "I can't hear you!". This little thing made me laugh out loud. I thought it was so cute. I was going to forward it to a few of my select adult friends. But little did i know when i hit the forward button it would go through to all the friends who had a superwall application on their facebook account.

Did I say I am an idiot? Because I am.

So, now all my students have a nice foul-mouthed cartoon from their youth leader at church!! Neat. I nearly pooped my pants when I saw that it forwarded it on to the masses. UGH!! I am so technologically challenged. This surely could have been stopped if I only knew how.

Instead, I have sent out a lovely apology with a pretty Easter Lily in hopes of blotting the memory of the nasty bunnies. Oh, I am an idiot!

1 comment:

April said...

Hi Brenda! I got to your blog via Katie's right after you started and I have been a regular lurker ever since. I relate to you in so many ways. I also have three kids: Two boys (10 & 8) and a Girl (4). I am also a working mommy. And I also have forwarded an inappropriate email or two to the wrong recipients. Only mine was worse. I made a sarcastic comment about the sender of another email and forwarded it the entire company of over two thousand people. Awkward! Funny now, but definitely a learning experience. Thanks for making me laugh! I love your sense of humor. :)