Friday, March 7, 2008

Wish I were more like Katie.....


Okay, my friend Katie in Phoenix is a happy blogger. Everyday is happy. She is optimistic. She is smiling. Her kids are cute. Life is sweet and the air is warm. She is hosting picnics and playdates and wearing shorts. Meanwhile here in Kansas where the temp is a balmy 27 degrees today, I had to dig to find my favorite turtleneck and vest that I had hidden in the depths of my closet.

I am yanking it out so that i can go stand on my icy deck and grill steaks because i refuse to let this gray nasty stinky day make me feel less optimistic about spring. I am going to pull a Katie and invite friends over for our "picnic" indoors. I am grilling hotdogs for the kids and steaks and I am also going to warm up some taco soup and build a fire in the fireplace if I have to. I am going to find my happy heart and press forward with my aspirations of a beautiful sunny spring that is coming soon. I believe it. Today, I am going to have to live on Katie's fumes. I am borrowing all the cheer and love and optimism that she shares so freely and I am going to marinade myself in it. Thank you sweet Arizona girl for your inspiration.

1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Oh sweet friend, how I needed to read this today. I'm so worn down from my anarchist 3 year old and my whining, clingy daughter. Ryan has been punished more in March than all of 2008 combined. And I am very weary and sad.

I'm so encouraged that I have inspired you in some way because today was not a stellar day for me. Reading this right now was perfect timing...I love you, girlfriend!!!