Monday, March 17, 2008

Not a serious blogger...

Okay...one thing that i have noticed about blogging is that I do not take it seriously enough. I am not a wordsmith. I don't love writing. I am not an eloquent author or writer. I do not have aspirations of being a composer of any sort of written word. I just love journaling my thoughts. I like getting a chance to document my life and the things that strike me.


I keep reading other blogs. Thus the self-deprication begins. They (those professional blogs) never have poor grammar or run-on sentences or lots of these dot things........ which i love! It's obvious....I am not a professional blogger. The more I read other blogs the more self flogging I do over my blogging!! I am the worst about switching tenses and talking like I am 12. I often forget to begin new paragraphes. I know if my sophomore english teacher read this she would roll her eyes in disgust. UGH> why do I have this fight about comparing myself even in the blog world???


Is there a blog competition? Or some set of blog judges? I know there is no blog rating...but still the threat of being considered a crappy blogger plagues me. Why? Why think about it. Just blog for blog's sake. I must find peace with the lack of sentence structure girl I am. Confidence in the fact that I like me and my thoughts are not to impress others but just to get them off my chest.


So enough already. My JV position on blogging is not going to distract me from authentically communicating my life. That is all this is supposed to be about....me and my life. So, if you stumble across this page and snicker in disbelief with my grammatical goofs and inexcusable blunders, forgive me. Rage on....move it over...find a new friend with a flare for the pen and leave me to post my points in peace.

No comments: